"Steamed n Fried" Momo with Fried Egg
Delicious things come in small packages, just like these momos. Spike it up with a perfectly cooked sunny side up egg.Read More
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp onions
- 2 tsp chopped cashew nuts
- 2 tsp carrots
- 2 tsp finely chopped french beans finely
- 2 tsp mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- water200 g tofu
- 2 tsp sprouted beans
- 3 tsp chopped spring onions
- 2 egg
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp oil
- For the filling: Heat oil in a saucepan add sesame oil, chopped onions, ginger, cashew nuts, carrots, French beans and mushrooms.
- Add pepper soy sauce and water into it. Cook on low flame. Then add tofu into it. Mix them well.(Tip: Sprinkle salt into the ingredients after you add mushrooms it will help cook the ingredients quickly), Top if off with bean sprouts and spring onions.
- Transfer the filling mixture onto a plate and keep in the fridge few minutes.
- For the dough: In a mixing bowl, add refined flour, egg, salt, baking soda and water. Keep kneading the flour.
- Add oil and continue to knead the dough until it gets soft. Allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Break the dough into smaller pieces and hand roll them into dough balls. Roll each mini dough ball as flat as you can. Cut the dough with a round shaped bowl or cookie cutter.
- Spread the stuffing on it and cover it with another round shaped dough. Seal them together. Make design at the edges with the help of a spoon to prepare a momo.
- Cook the momos in the steamer for 7 to 8 minutes. Transfer the momos from the steamer and cook it with oil on a flat pan.
- In the same flat pan fry a half fried egg.
- Serve the momos on the plate and top it off with the half fried egg.
- Garnish it with chopped spring onions and sesame oil.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.