Steam Bread Almond cake By Vimla Barnwal
Steam Bread Almond cake
The cake is a healthier cake due to the following reasons: 1. Less amount of butter consumed considering it is being steamed and not baked 2. More use of healthier wheat flour & less use of refined wheat flourRead More
- 2 Cups of Fresh Brown Bread Crumbs
- 1 cup of Refined Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 2 Cups of Milk
- 3 tbsp of Melted Butter
- 2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1 tsp of Baking Soda
- 3 tbsp of Milkmaid
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Essence
- 2 tbsp of Almonds (blanched & finely sliced)
- In a bowl, add bread crumbs, refined wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda.
- Mix them properly.
- Now add Milk, melted butter, vanilla essence and mix it further.
- Again add Milkmaid and mix it well until it becomes light & fluffy.
- Now take a cake tin, grease it with butter.
- Pour the prepared mixture into the cake tin.
- Now take an Idli Steamer and place the cake tin in it.
- Add almonds from the top.
- Steam it for 40-45 minutes.
- Insert a knife to check whether the cake is ready to devour in.
- Remove the cake from the tin and place it on plate.
- Cut it into slices and serve.