STAR COOKIES By walltalk
Delicious. Pretty. Fun.Read More
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour (maida)
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 75 g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tbsp milk
- Beetroot extract / pink food colouring as required
- Place the butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Using a fork or whisk, cream butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- Add the flour, 1/4 cup at a time.
- Slowly trickle in milk and mix until the dough forms a ball.
- Split the dough in half and place one half in another bowl.
- To one bowl, add your chosen colouring drop by drop until you achieve a desired colour.
- Roll the plain half and the coloured half of the dough into separate logs.
- Wrap the logs in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- Remove the logs from fridge and unwrap.
- Cut each log into round cookies of desired thickness.
- Use a star shaped cookie cutter to cut stars out of the middle of each cookie carefully.
- Place the plain star cut-outs in the pink cookies, and vice versa.
- Place the cookies on a baking tray lined with aluminium foil and chill again for 10 minutes.
- Once chilled, put the cookies into the oven preheated to 180 degrees celcius.
- Bake until golden brown at edges.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Your star cookies are ready!.