Spinach fettuccine in roasted pepper sauce By Sohiela
Spinach fettuccine in roasted pepper sauce
This is our Sunday brunch recipe that I created when I was 16. I made this egg free fettuccine at home along with the roasted pepper sauce from scratch. It has an amazing flavour and aroma of roasted pepper.Read More
- 2 bell peppers each (red & yellow)
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 onion
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes
- 1tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp + 1/2 cup olive/vegetable oil
- 2 cups refined flour
- 1 cup semolina
- 1/2cup (more or leswarm water for dough
- 1 bunch of spinach
- Cheese for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree for 10 minutes, brush the washed bell peppers with oil and put them on the baking tray .
- Put them in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Roughly chop the onion, garlic and tomatoes.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add onion and garlic to it , sauté till it’s golden and then add the tomatoes.
- Cook on medium flame till it softens .
- Take the bell peppers out of the oven , deseed them and add to the tomatoes.
- Cook for 5 minutes then take it off the heat and purée it.
- Then put the purée again into a pan on medium Heat along with 1/2 cup of water and let it boil, then add tomato ketchup, herbs & seasonings.
- Cook it on a low flame for 5-6 minutes .
- For the pasta, wash and blanch the spinach and purée it.
- Take refined flour, semolina, salt, oil and spinach purée & mix together.
- Add the warm water to make a soft dough.
- Put the pasta dough in a greased bowl and cover it with cling wrap or a damp cloth and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Cut the dough into 2 parts .
- Take the first part and roll it into a thin sheet and cut strips of pasta from it, dust them with flour and keep it frozen until used .
- Then boil the pasta till al dente and add it to the roasted pepper sauce, garnish with cheese and enjoy .