Spinach Creamy Pasta
I love pasta a lot. I always try different pastas and this one is my favorite because it takes less ingredients which are usually and easily available in my pantry. Also, keeping health in mind I prefer whole wheat or multigrain or quinoa pasta. Today, I got a chance to share my favorite pasta.Read More
- 2 cups Penne Pasta
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 Green Chilli (finely chopped)
- 1 Onion (medium & sliced)
- 1 cup Spinach (roughly chopped)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp Butter (melted)
- 1 tbsp All purpose flour or maida
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Water
- Grated cheese (optional)
- Salt (to taste)
- Boil and strain the penne pasta. Here, I took whole wheat penne pasta, you can go for your own choice of pasta.
- Now, take a pan or kadai, heat it up. Pour some oil and add minced garlic, saute it for one minute.
- Then, add sliced onions and green chillis and saute it for 3-4 mins on medium flame, until the onions starts becoming brown.
- Immediately, add chopped spinach, salt (a pincand pepper, and saute it for a minute.
- Finally, add boiled pasta and now add salt to taste. Mix it well and let it cook for 3-4 mins on low to medium flame.
- For white sauce, take another pan. Add butter and one tsp of oil (so that butter does not burn). Add 1 tbsp of maida while stirring the mixture to avoid lumps. Then, add 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup water, stir it continously. Cook until it get thick. (Maintain low to medium flame in whole saucemaking process).
- Now add this white sauce and grated cheese (optionainto your pasta, mix it well and serve hot.