Spinach Cheesy Veggie Roll
Crispy outside and cheesy inside Spinach Roll is an unique veg recipe loved by all, serve it to surprise your guests over an evening snacks party; easy to prepare this at your home kitchen. This yummy and healthy goodness can also please your kid's taste buds; a favourite for their lunch boxes!Read More
- Spinach whole leaves 10
- Finely Chopped small Onion 1
- Finely chopped small Tomato 1
- Finely Chopped 1 Yellow and 1 Red Bell Pepper
- pre-boiled Sweet Corn 2 tbsp (can be replaced by mashed Green Peas)
- Finely Chopped Garlic 1 tbsp
- Olive Oil 2 tsp (can be replaced be Sunflower Oil)
- Black Pepper powder 1 tsp
- Italian dried herb mix 1 tsp (oregano, chilli flakes)
- Salt to taste
- Salted Butter 1 tsp
- Finely chopped Green Chillies 1 tsp (optional only if you want to make it spicy)
- Bread Slices (Finger Millet Bread or Whole Wheat) 10 slices
- Bread Crumbs or Rice Flour 2 tbsp
- Grated Cottage Cheese Paneer 4 tbsp
- Grated Processed Cheese 2 tbsp (optional)
- Step 1: i)Prepare the filling of this roll, Heat a non stick pan on low flame,pour oil olive and add finely chopped (garlic, onion, tomatoes, bell peppers), already boiled sweet corn, green chillies into the pan and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- ii) Now add salt, pepper powder, italian herbs in the veggies and stir fry for one more minute (Note: Dont over cook this filling as we want to keep it crunchy and fresh); take the filling off from the pan into a bowl, mix with grated paneer and keep aside.
- Note: for Pre-boiled sweet corn, you just have to boil sweet corn in half glass of water for 5 minutes and drain the water; this pre-boiled sweet corn should be ready before preparing above filling.
- Step 2: i)Clean and Wash fresh Spinach Leaves properly; keep 1-2 inch of the stem intact with the leaves, cut out the rest of the stem.
- ii)Quickly blanch the spinach in warm water for 5 seconds and drain the water out of spinach completely and gently [Please make careful attempt while draining so as to not fold the spinach leaves]Instead spread the whole spinach leaves completely open across a big plate after draining water out of it.
- Step 3: i)Put 1 tbsp of prepared fillings in each of the openly spread spinach leaf and roll the spinach leaves very gently to cover the filling completely.
- ii)Once these rolls are ready, dust them with rice powder or bread crumbs on all outer sides of these rolls (to make it a bit dry and managable to handle.
- Also, these bread crumbs or rice flour make the rolls crispy after frying.
- Step 4: Heat a pan and brush it with 1 tsp of salted butter, shallow fry these rolls 2 minutes on each side in the pan on medium flame to make the rolls outer cover crispy.
- Take these crispy rolls out of the pan; ready for final step of plating.
- Step 5: Take Bread Slices and cut them into nice shapes, I made it round cut.
- For Gluten Free, you may use Finger Millet (also called Ragi/ Naachni) bread, else use the regular whole wheat bread.
- Just toast these breads in the same pan with a bit of butter if needed.
- Step 6: For Final plating, place the crisp fried spinach roll filled with veg filling over the bread pieces; one spinach roll over one bread piece.
- Garnish the dish with grated cheese (Optional) and sprinkle a bit of italian dried herbs over the rolls.
- Note: We are using toasted bread as base to make it easy and clean to hold and eat these rolls without spilling over the fillings of the roll.
- Also, the toasted bread adds extra crunch and volume to the whole dish.