Spinach Cheesy Veggie Roll By Shrddha Shetty
Spinach Cheesy Veggie Roll
Crispy outside and cheesy inside Spinach Roll is an unique veg recipe loved by all, serve it to surprise your guests over an evening snacks party; easy to prepare this at your home kitchen. This yummy and healthy goodness can also please your kid's taste buds; a favourite for their lunch boxes!Read More
- Spinach whole leaves 10
- Finely Chopped small Onion 1
- Finely chopped small Tomato 1
- Finely Chopped 1 Yellow and 1 Red Bell Pepper
- pre-boiled Sweet Corn 2 tbsp (can be replaced by mashed Green Peas)
- Finely Chopped Garlic 1 tbsp
- Olive Oil 2 tsp (can be replaced be Sunflower Oil)
- Black Pepper powder 1 tsp
- Italian dried herb mix 1 tsp (oregano, chilli flakes)
- Salt to taste
- Salted Butter 1 tsp
- Finely chopped Green Chillies 1 tsp (optional only if you want to make it spicy)
- Bread Slices (Finger Millet Bread or Whole Wheat) 10 slices
- Bread Crumbs or Rice Flour 2 tbsp
- Grated Cottage Cheese Paneer 4 tbsp
- Grated Processed Cheese 2 tbsp (optional)
- Step 1: i)Prepare the filling of this roll, Heat a non stick pan on low flame,pour oil olive and add finely chopped (garlic, onion, tomatoes, bell peppers), already boiled sweet corn, green chillies into the pan and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- ii) Now add salt, pepper powder, italian herbs in the veggies and stir fry for one more minute (Note: Dont over cook this filling as we want to keep it crunchy and fresh); take the filling off from the pan into a bowl, mix with grated paneer and keep aside.
- Note: for Pre-boiled sweet corn, you just have to boil sweet corn in half glass of water for 5 minutes and drain the water; this pre-boiled sweet corn should be ready before preparing above filling.
- Step 2: i)Clean and Wash fresh Spinach Leaves properly; keep 1-2 inch of the stem intact with the leaves, cut out the rest of the stem.
- ii)Quickly blanch the spinach in warm water for 5 seconds and drain the water out of spinach completely and gently [Please make careful attempt while draining so as to not fold the spinach leaves]Instead spread the whole spinach leaves completely open across a big plate after draining water out of it.
- Step 3: i)Put 1 tbsp of prepared fillings in each of the openly spread spinach leaf and roll the spinach leaves very gently to cover the filling completely.
- ii)Once these rolls are ready, dust them with rice powder or bread crumbs on all outer sides of these rolls (to make it a bit dry and managable to handle.
- Also, these bread crumbs or rice flour make the rolls crispy after frying.
- Step 4: Heat a pan and brush it with 1 tsp of salted butter, shallow fry these rolls 2 minutes on each side in the pan on medium flame to make the rolls outer cover crispy.
- Take these crispy rolls out of the pan; ready for final step of plating.
- Step 5: Take Bread Slices and cut them into nice shapes, I made it round cut.
- For Gluten Free, you may use Finger Millet (also called Ragi/ Naachni) bread, else use the regular whole wheat bread.
- Just toast these breads in the same pan with a bit of butter if needed.
- Step 6: For Final plating, place the crisp fried spinach roll filled with veg filling over the bread pieces; one spinach roll over one bread piece.
- Garnish the dish with grated cheese (Optional) and sprinkle a bit of italian dried herbs over the rolls.
- Note: We are using toasted bread as base to make it easy and clean to hold and eat these rolls without spilling over the fillings of the roll.
- Also, the toasted bread adds extra crunch and volume to the whole dish.