Spicy and Tangy poha ~ Beaten Rice
Ready in a jiffy, healthy & tangy-licious!🍴Read More
- Poha (Thick)- 1 Cup (200 gm)
- Raw Mango (medium size-1
- Water - to wash poha
- For tempering ~
- Ground nuts - 2 tbsp
- Cashew nut broken into pieces - 2 tbsp
- Split Chick pea (Chana da- 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
- Green Chillies - 2 (can be added more - according to your taste)
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - As per taste
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Black pepper - 5/6 - coarsely ground with hand
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Red chillies are optional
- Preparation -.
- Wash poha in a plastic filter meant for seiving dry flour.Let it be in the filter till water drains out.
- Peel and grate the mango.
- Slit green chillies lengthwise.
- Separate curry leaves from the sprig.
- Add oil in the wok and add groundnuts, mustard seeds, and other tempering ingredients except cashews and Cumin seeds.
- After they turn golden brown, add cashews and jeera or cumin seeds and coarsely ground black pepper.
- Stir and mix well and the add curry leaves and split green chillies.
- Add grated mango and mix it for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder and salt just for this mixture.
- Add washed and drained poha to this in this and mix it well gently.
- Finally add salRemember that you have already added salt while mixing mango.
- Remove from the stove and serve after garnishing it with coriander.
- Viola, your tangy and tasty poha is ready to savour!.