Get your first taste of Greek cuisine with Spanakopita, a savoury stuffed pie. Chef Ranveer Brar presents a recipe for Spanakopita, a pastry stuffed with a tasty filling of spinach and feta cheese. This pastry is flaky, crispy and delectable.Read More
- For filling
- 1 bunch spinach
- 4 to 5 sprigs fresh dill leaves
- 1 stalk spring onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100 gm feta cheese
- For pastry
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1 egg
- 3 sheets phyllo sheets
- to taste salt
- ½ block mild cheddar cheese
- For garnish
- creamed feta
- feta cheese
- sour cream
- fried cherry tomatoes
- sun dried tomatoes
- chopped dill leaves
- In a heated pan, add oil, garlic and saute.
- Add chopped spring onion and mix it.
- Add chopped spinach and mix.
- Add dill leaves, feta cheese, mix it well and add it in a bowl.
- Set the mixture in a freezer.
- In a bowl, add egg, salt as per taste and stir it.
- On a pastry sheet, apply melted butter, egg wash and cover it with phyllo sheet.
- Cut the sheet into four equal parts. Add mild cheddar cheese, spinach filling. Roll the sheet in triangular shape by applying egg wash.
- Bake it in the oven at 170'C - 180'C for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with feta cheese, fried cherry tomato, sundried tomato and dill leaves.
Explore our Popular Stories.