Soya Boti Biryani By Pankaj Bhadouria
Soya Boti Biryani
Biryani is a fragrant royal delicacy much loved in India. Chef Pankaj Bhadouria creates her version of the traditional biryani in this Soya Boti Biryani recipe. This vegetarian version of biryani which uses soya chunks and is infused with essences and saffron is as aromatic, as delicious and as tasty as the traditional biryani.Read More
- 2 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups soya chunks
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- 1/2 cup brown onion paste
- 2 tbsp ginger - garlic paste
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder and 2 tsp all ground spice
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds and 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 bay leaves
- 2 black cardamom
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 4 cloves and 1/2 mace
- 1-star anise
- 6 tbsp ghee
- 1 cinnamon stick and 6 cardamom
- 3 tsp rose water and 3 tsp kewra essence
- Mint leaves
- 2 tbsp saffron milk and Fried onion
- Soak the basmati rice in a bowl for 30 minutes. To the soaked soya chunks, add yoghurt, brown onion paste, ginger - garlic paste, salt as per taste, red chilli powder, all ground spice, black pepper powder, cumin powder and mix it well.
- Strain the rice in a bowl. In a heated pan, add water and let it boil. Add cumin seeds, bay leaves, black cardamom, black peppercorns, cloves, star anise, salt as per taste, soaked rice and let it cook.
- In another heated pan, add ghee, cumin seeds, cinnamon stick, cardamom, mace and roast it. Add marinated soya chunks and cook it for 12 - 15 minutes.
- Switch off the gas and add kewra essence, rose water and mix. Strain the cooked rice.
- In a pan, add ghee. Layer it with rice, soya chunks, fresh mint leaves. Layer again with rice and saffron milk. Add kewra essence, rose water, ghee, fried onions, mint leaves, rice water stock and leave it to cook for 30 minutes.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.