South Indian Fish Fry By LF Team
South Indian Fish Fry
Fish Fry is a side dish popular across India. This South Indian Fish Fry makes use of King Fish. This dish flavoured with different spices is fiery, zesty, delicious and gratifying.Read More
- 1 tsp ginger
- 7-8 garlic
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 9-10 curry leaves
- 2 kingfish
- corn flour as required
- For marinade
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1 cup water
- For frying
- 2 tbsp oil
- In a saucepan, dry roast mashed ginger, chopped ginger, mustard seeds, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, black peppercorns and curry leaves.
- Grind the roasted ingredients in a grinder.
- Keep it aside.
- For marinade: In a mixing bowl, add oil, chopped tomatoes, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, tamarind extract and salt.
- Add the freshly prepared ground masala.
- Mix them well.
- add a cup of water to get a balanced flavour.
- Apply the mixed paste on both the sides of the kingfish.
- Sprinkle some corn flour on them.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add the fish.
- Flip and fry until both the sides turn golden brown.
Explore our Popular Stories.