Sooji & Khoya Burfi/Semolina&Coconut Fudge By ARCHANA PHADKE
Sooji & Khoya Burfi/Semolina&Coconut Fudge
This dish is the upgraded version of maharashtrian traditional sweet dish shira. This can be prepared with less time at hand and can be offered as 'naivedyam/ prashad' during festival days. This dessert can be served hot or chilled.Read More
- Semolina- 1bowl
- Coconut- 1bowl
- Fine Chopped dryfruits (any of your choice)-half bowl & saffron
- Crushed Vermicelli- 3 teaspoons
- Clarified butter (Ghee)- 4 teaspoons (add according to your tastMilk- 1bowl
- Hot water- 1 n half glass
- Sugar- 5 to 10 teaspoons (add according to your taste)
- Roast semolina on low flame until it turns golden brown.
- Soak dryfruits, Vermicelli & saffron in half bowl of milk.
- Add ghee, roasted semolina, coconut & sugar in hot pan and roast it until it turns dark brown (roast on low flame).
- Add water, milk & soaked dryfruitstir until all milk and water reduces and do not make a mixture too dry but you should able to shape that mixture, using moulds.
- YShape this mixture using moulds and use some dryfruits ,grated coconut & edible flowers for decoration.