Sooji idli By Jasleen Makhija
Its healthier option of making idlis. More easier than ready made idli packetsRead More
- 1 cup rawa/sooji
- ½ cup curd
- Little water as per the requirement
- Salt and pepper as per taste.
- For tadka :-
- Mustard seeds - ½ tsp
- Green chillies - 3 to 4 cut into halves
- Kadi patta - 6-7 leaves
- Sugar - ¼ tsp
- Oil - ¼ tsp
- Water as per requirement
- Eno to be added in idli mixture - 1 pckt
- In a bowl, take sooji and curd mix it with a spoon to make a thick batter add a little water to make it semi thick .
- Remember not to make the batter too thin or too thick.
- Keep the bowl for 15 mins covered with a lid.
- Till then heat the idli maker on medium heat .
- After 15 min, add salt pepper and eno in the batter and mix it thoroughly.
- Now grease the idli cases with oil/ghee and pour the batter in each case .
- Put the stand in idli maker and cover the lid .take out the whistle if cooking in a pressure cooker.
- After 10-15 min open the lid and insert a knife to check if it is cooked or not .
- If done then remove the stand and if not done then put again for 5 mins more.
- Now heat a wok add oil mustard seeds green chillies kadi patta when it starts to flicker add sugar and lastly add little water .
- Take the idlis out on a plate pour the tadka over it and serve.