Single Ingredient Puree By Shazia Khan
Single Ingredient Puree
Six months-old babies are introduced to solids foods in the form of purees. Doctors recommended that kids should be introduced to fruit purees followed by single cereal purees. Chef Shazia Khan shares puree recipes for little ones.Read More
- BANANA PURÉE - 1 overripe banana (should be black)
- APPLE PURÉE - 1 apple (peeled, cut into slices)
- 2 cups water
- RAGI CEREAL - Ragi (washed and stored in a muslin cloth overnight)
- Cold water
- BANANA PURÉE - Peel and mash the banana in a bowl using a fork.
- Feed immediately after mashing.
- APPLE PURÉE - Boil water.
- Peel apple and chop it.
- Add the chopped apple to the boiling water.
- Once apples are soft, remove in a bowl and mash the apple slices.
- Add the boiled water or breastmilk to get the desired consistency.
- RAGI CEREAL - Dry roast ragi on low flame for 5-6 minutes.
- Cool it down.
- Once cool, grind into a fine powder.
- Mix 2 heaped teaspoon ragi powder in cold water.
- Bring this mixture to a boil.
- Mix 2-3 drops of ghee before feeding the child.
- If the consistency is thick, add water or breastmilk for desired consistency.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.