Silmain Rotta is a dish popular with the Baniya community in Uttar Pradesh and Delhi. This dish is typically cooked before a wedding by bride and groom's family. This dish consists of a peculiar potato preparation and roti.Read More
- For silmaian rotta
- 2 potatoes with skin
- For moong ki dal
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 8 cloves
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 cup soaked moong dal
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 2 cup of water
- 1 green chilli
- 1 dry red chilli
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 500 gm of fenugreek leaves
- 1/2 cup dill leaves
- For Rotta
- 2 wheat dough balls
- 1/2 tbsp mustard oil
- ghee for garnish
- Chop the potato into dices without peeling its skin.
- In a heated pan add oil, chopped potatoes and let it cook.
- Add green chilli, dry red chilli, chopped ginger, a pinch of asafoetida and let it cook.
- Add fenugreek leaves, salt as per taste and mix it well.
- Add dill leaves and mix it well.
- In another heated pan add ghee, cloves, chopped green chillies and mix it.
- Add chopped ginger, soaked green moong dal and mix it well.
- Add salt as per taste, turmeric powder and mix it again.
- Add water and let it cook.
- Roll out the wheat dough balls.
- Apply mustard oil on the roti and dust it with flour.
- Stick the two rotis together and let it cook from both sides.
- Garnish the Aloo, Methi & Soya ki sabzi with ghee and, Salmaian Rotta is ready to serve hot.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.