Chef Shipra Khanna shares a Himachali snack recipe that is predominantly made in winters. Siddu is filled with a spicy filling and steamed. It can be enjoyed with a cup of hot tea. This winter make the yummy Siddu at home and enjoy with your family.Read More
- 500 grams of wheat flour
- 1 tsp instant yeast and sugar
- salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp ghee
- For filling:
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 green chilli
- 2 tsp garam masala powder
- Coriander and mint leaves
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- For garnish: 1/2 cup ghee, Mint leaves and Pomegranate seeds
- In a bowl, add wheat flour, instant yeast, sugar, salt as per taste, water and prepare a dough. Apply ghee and knead it again. Let the dough rest for some time.
- For the filling, finely chop the onion and add it in the bowl. Add pomegranate seeds, salt as per taste, poppy seeds, chopped green chilli. Add garam masala powder, finely chopped coriander and mint leaves. Add red chilli powder and mix it again.
- Fill the dough with masala and seal it. On a bamboo steamer, steam the Siddu. Garnish with ghee, pomegranate seeds, mint leaves and serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.