Shirwale is a classic noodle dish from Konkan region of Maharashtra. This dish is made using new, sticky rice. Chef Ranveer Brar shares the recipe along with his memories related to this dish.Read More
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp ghee
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup cup grated coconut
- salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp jaggery
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- " Mix equal amount of rice flour and hot water in a bowl.
- Add ghee or coconut oil and knead the flour into a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into small portions and steam it for 10-15 minutes In a bowl, mix coconut milk, freshly grated coconut, jaggery powder, a pinch of salt and cumin seeds.
- Transform the steamed dough balls into thin noodles using the mould.
- Serve the noodles with coconut milk mixture.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.