Shiraz Bademjan By Ranveer Brar
Iranian or Persian cuisine has a place for a variety of spicy and delicious side dishes. Chef Ranveer Brar shares a recipe for a popular side dish Shiraz Bademjan, a brinjal pickle. This brinjal pickle covered with walnut sauce is lip-smackingly good.Read More
- For shiraz bademjan
- 150 ml red wine vinegar
- 100 ml apple vinegar
- 100 gm brown sugar
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 10 garlic cloves
- 4 to 5 small fresh red chillies
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 brinjal
- to taste salt
- 1 red bell pepper
- For sauce
- 1 onion
- 2 walnut (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp honey
- olive oil
- For garnish
- fresh coriander
- fresh mint
- pomegranate seeds
- olive oil
- In a pan, add red wine vinegar, apple vinegar, brown sugar, cumin powder, coriander powder, garlic cloves.
- Add crushed red chilli, turmeric powder and mix it well.
- Add the chopped brinjals, salt as per taste, red bell pepper and let it cook.
- Add the pickle in a container and leave it for 2 days.
- In a heated pan, add olive oil, chopped onions, walnuts, garlic and cook it for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add salt as per taste, honey and toss it.
- Add olive oil and mix.
- Add the mixture in a blender and prepare a paste.
- Garnish the pickle with herbs, pomegranate seeds, pickled bell pepper, olive oil and serve with walnut sauce.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.