Sherkaseya is a kind of Egyptian Chicken Korma. Chef Ranveer Brar shares a recipe for this dish made with succulent, tender chicken in a creamy walnut sauce. This dish is delectable and absolutely satisfying.Read More
- 3 chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp all spice powder
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 chillies
- 1 lemon
- 200 ml chicken stock
- For salad
- 30 gm pomegranate seeds
- 10 gm cilantro leaves
- 2 to 3 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- For garnish
- cinnamon powder
- In a heated pan, add oil, sliced onion, garlic and saute.
- Add all spice powder, cinnamon stick, drumsticks, salt as per taste, chicken stock, water as required and let it cook.
- In another pan, add water as required, salt as per taste, walnuts and boil it.
- Take the chicken out from the broth and add walnuts.
- Blend the mixture into a fine paste.
- Strain the gravy and add it in the pan.
- Add the chicken and cook it.
- Add chilli and let it cook.
- Add lemon juice and mix it.
- In a bowl, add pomegranate seeds, cilantro leaves, cherry tomatoes and crush it.
- Add extra virgin olive oil, salt as per taste and mix it well.
- Serve with Sherkaseya with steamed rice, salad.
- Garnish with cinnamon powder.
Explore our Popular Stories.