Shan Tohu Green Tea Salad By Ranveer Brar
Shan Tohu Green Tea Salad
Shan Tohu is nothing but Burmese tofu. Chef Ranveer Brar shows a recipe which combines this Burmese tofu with fermented green tea leaves. The tofu is soft and creamy, and the tea leaf salad is crunchy and zesty.Read More
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp garlic paste
- 1 to 2 drops fish sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 20 gm cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 to 2 spring onion stalks (chopped)
- ½ tsp fresh ginger (finely chopped)
- ½ lemon
- as needed water
- as needed oil
- for green tea salad: 1 tbsp fermented green tea
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp peanuts (roughly crushed)
- 50 gm cabbage (finely sliced)
- 1 tsp fried chickpeas
- ½ tsp pumpkin seeds (toasted)
- 1 nos tomato (diced)
- 15 gm dried shrimps
- as needed oil
- lemon wedges for garnish
- In a bowl, add chickpeas flour, salt, turmeric powder, garlic paste, water as required, fish sauce, lemon juice and mix it well.
- Add grated cheddar cheese and mix it well. In a bowl, add oil and the batter. Steam it for 15 - 17 minutes. Set it in the fridge.
- In a heated pan, add sesame seeds, peanuts, toss it and add it in the bowl.
- Mix the green the with cabbage and pound it.
- In a heated pan, add oil, dried shrimps and fry it.
- Dice the tofu, add it in the skewers and fry it.
- Add sesame seeds, spring onion stalks, ginger.
- Add the green tea and cabbage mixture on a plate.
- Add fried chickpeas, pumpkin seeds, diced tomato.
- Add tofu andfried shrimps.
- Drizzle with a mixture of oil and lemon juice.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.