Now you need not wait for Ramadan to have some Shahi Tukda. Right from baking the bread to making the Rabri, Chef Ajay Chopra shows you how to make Shahi Tukda in your very own kitchen.Read More
- 250 gm whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- Procedure to make Shahi Tukda: In a bowl add yeast and keep aside.
- In another bowl add whole wheat flour, yeast water, water and prepare a dough.
- In the dough add butter and mix it well.
- Roll the dough in wheat flour.
- Keep the dough covered for 40 - 45 minutes.
- Prepare another dough and roll it in the wheat flour.
- Make small balls of the dough and roll out it using the rolling pin.
- Bake the roti in the oven.
- In a heated pan add milk and let it cook to prepare rabri.
- Cut the slice of baked roti into four pieces.
- In a bowl add the slice of roti, milk and let it soak.
- In a heated pan add ghee.
- Add malai from the boiled milk to the slices of baked roti.
- Deep fry the slices in ghee until it turns brown.
- To the rabri add sugar, screwpine essence and stir it well.
- Dip the khameeri roti into the rabri.
- To garnish Shahi Tukda add malai, crushed dry fruits and the dessert is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.