seviyon ki nazakat By Sahiba Malhotra
seviyon ki nazakat
Winner - Your Recipe Contest Week 2
Perfect dish for summers, people who are bored with usual seviyan, They can have it in form of icecream and chilled mousse.Read More
- 1.5 cup of seviyan/vermicelli
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 1 cup full cream milk
- 1 cup full fresh heavy cream
- 10-15 saffron strands
- half cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup of chopped almonds & cashews
- silver/gold varak
- 100 Gms condensed milk
- This dessert has 3 layers, 1st -Seviyan mousse, 2nd -Seviyan, 3rd -Seviyan Icecream.
- 1st - Roast 1.5 cup of seviyan in a pan with 3tbsp of desi ghee, once it changes colour and well roasted, set aside half of the seviyan, divide into 2 parts.
- Take one sauce pan, boil 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of heavy cream, add 15 kesar/saffron strands, add 100gms of condensed milk, one part of roasted seviyan, stir well & let it cool completely.
- Now Grind this mixture until you get the mousse consistencAgain divide this mousse into 2 part1st part need to keep it in refrigerator to cool.
- 2nd - 2nd part of mousse need to freeze like an Ice cream in your favourite mould till it sets completely or atleast for 3 hours.
- 3rd - Take one pan, add 2nd part of roasted seviyan now, add 1 cup of sugar syrup (1cup of water + sugar as per taste), chopped almonds, chopped cashews and cover with lid till seviyan gets soft and with no moisturLet it cool for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Now plate the dessert starting with chilled mousse, 2nd layer would be seviyan and top with our frozen seviyan icecream.
- Finally decorate with silver/gold varak, serve immediately.....