Semolina Pongal / Rava Pongal By Jayasudha
Semolina Pongal / Rava Pongal
This pongal is another variation of the authentic South Indian ven pongal. All the ingredients are the same but rice is substituted with semolina. This gooey soft delicacy melts in your mouth.Read More
- Semolina- 1 cup
- Split yellow gram / moong dal- 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Water- 3 cups
- For Tempering
- Ghee- 1 tbsp
- Cashew nuts- 10 nos
- Ginger minced- 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
- Peppercorns- 1 tsp
- Asafoetida- 1/2 tsp
- Roast semolina in 2 tsp of ghee and keep it aside. Heat water in a separate vessel. Pressure cook moong dal to mushy consistency and keep it aside.
- Pour the boiling water over the roasted semolina,salt and switch on the stove and keep stirring till the semolina is completely cooked.
- Now add the cooked moong dal mixture over the boiled semolina and blend well.
- Prepare tempering by heating ghee add cumin seeds,peppercorns,curry leaves,chopped ginger,asafoetida and at last add cashew nuts and switch off.
- Add the tempering to the cooked semolina and moong dal mixture and mix well.