Scones By Gautam Mehrishi
These feta cheese and pepper scones are a melt-in-the-mouth starter! Chef Gautam Mehrishi presents a snack that is perfect for a tea party. Try these at home and impress your guests.Read More
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 cup Refined flour
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- ½ tsp sugar, granulated
- ¼ tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp butter (room temperature)
- 2 tbsp feta cheese
- 2 – 3 basil leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- Apply olive oil on the bell peppers with a brush and put them on the gas for roasting.
- In a large bowl, add refined flour, icing sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder and butter and mix them until they blend well into a dough.
- Chop the roasted bell peppers and add them to the dough.
- Next, add finely chopped basil leaves and a little more feta cheese.
- Add buttermilk to make a smooth and soft dough.
- In a skillet, add olive oil.
- Roll the dough like a large pancake, place in the skillet and bake for 10 ? 12 minutes by covering the skillet with a lid.
- Check after a while, the scone will have risen and turned brown in colour.
- Cut the scone into pieces.
- Garnish with bell pepper and olive oil, basil leaves, feta cheese and melted butter and serve.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.