Sanja is a traditional breakfast preparation made using sooji and buttermilk. Chef Shazia Khan shares the authentic recipe for Sanja. Do try this recipe at home and treat your kids to a delicious breakfast.Read More
- 1 cup Rava
- 3 tbsp Curd
- 3 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 6 Curry Leaves
- A pinch Hing
- 1 Finely Chopped Onion
- 1/2 tsp Chopped Green Chillies
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tbsp Roasted and Chopped Peanuts
- Salt to taste
- Grated Coconuts, Chopped Coriander and Crushed Peanuts for garnish
- Dry roast the rava on a low flame till it turns light golden brown.
- Add curd to the water, whisk it and make buttermilk keep aside.
- Heat oil and ghee in kadai and add the ingredients for tempering, add the onion and fry till translucent, add chopped green chili, turmeric powder, add the crushed peanuts.
- Now add prepared buttermilk , salt and bring to boil, add rava, and stir to avoid any lumps.
- Cover the lid and let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Let it cook for sometime, till it thickens slightly, cover and allow to cook until done.
- Garnish with coconut, coriander and peanuts and serve hot.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.