Sambar Sadam By Gautam Mehrishi
Sambar Sadam is staple fare in South India. Here is an authentic recipe.Read More
- 2 tbsp clarified butter
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 10 to 12 curry leaves
- 1 cup soaked split bengal gram
- 1½ cup soaked rice
- ½ tsp asafoetida
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tomato
- 1 tsp sambar masala powder
- 2 tsp tamarind paste
- 10 to 12 french beans
- 2 tbsp peas boiled
- 1 tbsp jaggery
- 1 to 2 drumsticks
- lukewarm water
- tamarind paste
- grated coconut
- drumsticks fried
- Heat clarified butter in a pan and add some mustard seeds into it.
- Saute a few curry leaves.
- Add soaked split Bengal gram and soaked rice to this and mix well.
- Add a little asafoetida, turmeric powder and chopped tomato.
- Cook it for three to four minutes.
- Pour a little lukewarm water into the rice.
- Add some sambar masala powder and a little tamarind paste too.
- Cut the French beans into medium size.
- Add the chopped beans and the boiled peas to the rice mix in the pan.
- Add salt and a little jaggery too and gently mix it.
- Meanwhile, shallow fry the chopped drumsticks in a separate pan with a little clarified butter.
- Transfer the sambar sadam to a serving dish.
- Serve it with a little tamarind paste grated coconut and fried drumsticks.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.