Sambar By Kunal Kapur
Sambar, a South Indian curry is popular all over India. Chef Kunal Kapur and his guest share the traditional recipe for this dal and vegetable stew. This curry full of vegetables and infused with homemade sambar masala is supremely delicious.Read More
- stock of moong dal
- yam & raw banana
- cluster beans & broad beans
- sweet potatoes
- black peppercorns
- bengal gram
- coriander seeds
- grated coconut
- val beans
- turmeric powder
- tamarind pulp
- rock salt
- For tadka
- mustard seeds
- curry leaves
- In a heated pan, add stock of moong dal.
- Add the chopped vegetables and let it boil.
- In a heated pan, add oil, black peppercorns, Bengal gram and saute.
- Add coriander seeds and mix it well.
- Add asafoetida and toss it.
- Add grated coconut and mix.
- Prepare a paste of the mixture.
- To the vegetable pan, add val beans, turmeric powder, tamarind pulp, rock salt and let it boil.
- Add the sambar masala, mix it and let it boil.
- For tadka, add oil in a heated pan.
- Add mustard seeds and let it pop.
- Add curry leaves.
- Pour the tadka in the sambar and mix.
- Serve the Sambar hot.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.