Sambal Tofu By Shipra Khanna
Tofu is a rich source of protein and makes a good snack. Chef Shipra Khanna adds the flavour of Sambal to Tofu to make a simple yet delicious snack that can be served at any party. This snack is steamed and is a good option for calorie conscious people.Read More
- For Sambal Tofu
- 1 cup sambal paste
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 80 grams firm tofu Dip
- In a bowl, add sambal paste and chopped onion. Add grated ginger, garlic, tomato puree, soya sauce, sugar and mix it. Add freshly chopped red chilli and mix it well.
- Heat a pan and add water to it.
- Cut the tofu into pieces. On a steamer, place a banana leaf and sambal sauce. Coat the tofu from all sides with sambal sauce. Cover the banana leaf from all the sides and leave it to steam for 10 - 15 minutes.
- For the dip, in a bowl, add finely chopped red chilli, ginger, soya sauce garlic clove, sugar and mix it well.
- Drizzle the tofu with dip. Garnish with capsicum, coriander leaves and reduced soya sauce.
Explore our Popular Stories.