Salli Par Idu By Emanual Chauhan
Salli Par Idu
Salli Par Idu is a traditional Parsi breakfast recipe commonly made in Parsi homes. It is made with eggs on fried potato straws and tastes divine. Here's a simple recipe for this classic dish.Read More
- 2 cups salli (potato chips)
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp sambhar masala
- 2 tsp dhanshak masala
- 2 tsp coriander - cumin powder
- 1 cup water
- 5 eggs
- tomato juliennes
- mint sprig
- Heat a pan and spread the salli on it. Sprinkle red chilli powder, sambhar masala, dhansak masala, roasted cumin-coriander powder and mix well.
- Cover the pan and let the steam build up. Remove the cover, add a cup of water and mix. Cover and let it cook again.
- Once all the moisture has evaporated, break 5 eggs over the salli and season with salt. Cover the pan and cook on a low flame.
- Cut into wedges. Garnish with tomato, chopped coriander and mint sprig. Serve hot.
Explore our Popular Stories.