Safed Murg By Ajay Chopra
Did you know that Jaipuri Safed Murg is usually made in royalty. This creamy chicken main dish is made from varied pastes made from coconut, poppy seeds, almonds and cashews.Read More
- 250 gm chicken
- 6 cardamom
- 6 cloves
- 2 onions
- 1 cup curd
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 100 gm desiccated coconut
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 tsp white pepper powder
- ½ tsp red chilli seeds
- 2 tbsp almonds
- 1 bowl milk
- 7 - 8 saffron strands
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp cashew paste
- 2 tbsp khoya
- Procedure to make Safed Murg: In a heated pan add water, salt, chicken and let it blanch on a slow gas.
- In a heated pan add ghee.
- In the ghee add green cardamom, cloves and let it cook.
- Add sliced onions and fry it until it turns golden brown.
- Add curd in the bland chicken and leave it.
- Prepare a paste of poppy seeds and dry desiccated coconut powder by soaking it in the milk.
- Add grated ginger and let it cook.
- Add a mixture of curd and chicken in the onion and mix it well.
- Add white pepper powder, dried red chilli seeds, mix it and cover the pan with the lid to cook for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Add the mixture of coconut and poppy seeds in the chicken, almond paste, mix it well and let it cook on medium heat while covering the pan with a lid.
- In a small bowl add milk, saffron strands and mix it well.
- Add coconut milk in the chicken to thin the gravy, salt, cashew paste, crushed khoya.
- Add the mixture of milk and saffron strands and stir it well.
- Garnish it with dried red chilli seeds, grated seeds, red chilli powder and Safed Murg is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.