Safed gost / maas or Chicken Drumsticks in Indian white sauce By Dr. Akshay Shewalkar
Safed gost / maas or Chicken Drumsticks in Indian white sauce
The royal cuisine recipe for the peoples who don't eat spicy but likes non vegetarian food.Read More
- Raw chicken drumstick 500 gm
- 1 tsp each of ginger & garlic paste
- 1tsp of crushed black peppers
- 1tbs of thick curd
- soaked & peeled almonds 5 pcs
- soaked & peeled peanuts 25 pcs
- soaked cashews 10 pcs
- 2 medium sized onions & 2 small green chillies
- 2 tbs salted butter
- 1 inch of cinnamon stick, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 green (smalcardamom, 1 black ( bicardamom, 1 bay leaf, 2 cloves 2 dried red chillies, crushed mace half tsp.
- Water, Salt & dried rose petals
- Marination: Marinate the chicken with 1 tsp each of ginger & garlic paste, 1tbs thick sour curd, 1tsp crushed black pepper, salt to taste. Keep for 1 hour at ambient temperature.
- Condiment Paste: 2 medium sized onion and 2 small green chillies then ground to paste.
- Nut paste: Soaked & peeled almonds 5pcs, soaked 10 cashews nuts, soaked & peeled 25 peanuts ground to paste.
- Cooking: 2tbs butter,allow to heat then add 1tsp of whole cumin seeds, 1 inch Cinnamon stick, 1 bay leaf, 1 small cardamom, 1 big cardamom, 2 cloves. I used earthen pot (you can use any pot of your choice).Add condiment paste allow to cook on low flame till light brown . Add marinated chicken drumsticks saute for 10 min on low flame. Add 2 dried red chillies, 1/2 tsp of crushed mace then add nut paste mix well. Add water till your desired consistency of gravy (you can use warmed skimmed milk in place of wate& salt to taste then stir well and allow to cook for 20 min on low flame with closed lid.
- Garnish: Use dried rose petals & dried red chillies.
- Serving: 2-3 servings either with roti or rice.
- Feel like royal.