Saat Paadi Puri
Puris are popular deep-fried Indian bread served for breakfast, lunch and snacks. Chef Gautam Mehrishi shares step-by-step recipe for crispy, crunchy, and easy to make, seven-layered puris.Read More
- 2 cups refined flour
- 1 - 2 tsp ghee
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- refined flour for dusting
- clarified butter for greasing
- Make a soft dough in a large mixing bowl with refined flour salt, clarified butter, rice flour and water.
- Make seven small portions out of the dough.
- Roll them out by dusting refined flour.
- The last puri must be thinner than the other puris.
- Dust some flour on the surface and place a puri on it.
- Apply some ghee to it and dust some refined flour on it.
- Place another puri on it and gently pat it.
- Repeat the procedure for all the seven puris to make a stack.
- Roll out this stack of puris so that all layers stick to each other.
- Apply clarified butter on to this rolled out dough.
- Dust some flour on it.
- Roll in a thin cylindrical shape and stick the last part with clarified butter.
- Cut small portions from this roll and place the cut side facing upward.
- Flatten a bit and lightly roll out the puris.
- Deep fry them.
- In the serving plate, arrange the puris and garnish with some nutmeg powder.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.