Rose cream puffs By Ashmita Bhutani
Rose cream puffs
This lockdown is making our sweet tooth crave for something delectable so, fulfill your cravings and beat the heat with these simple yet delectable Rose cream puffs. Frothy rose cream sandwiched in mouth melting puffs with sabja seeds.Read More
- Choux Pastry
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- For the filling
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 2 spoons Rose syrup
- Secret ingredient : Basil seeds (sabja)
- Make the choux pastry dough: Combine the butter, water, milk, salt, and granulated sugar together in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until the butter has melted. Bring mixture to a simmer. Once simmering, reduce heat to low and add the flour all at once. Stir until the flour is completely incorporated and a thick dough clumps into a ball.
- Add eggs gradually and keep mixing well, stop adding when the choux pastry has reached the desired texture: shiny, thick, and smooth with a pipeable consistency.
- Put the mixture in a piping bag. Pipe 2-inch mounds about 3 inches apart.
- Preheat the oven to 240°Using a water moistened finger, smooth down the peaks.
- Bake for 20 minutes then, keeping the pastries in the oven, reduce oven to 177°C and continue to bake for 10-15 more minutes until golden brown.
- For the filling take half cup cream beat till frothy and add the rose syrup and sabja seeds.
- Pipe the filling between the puffs and decorate as desired. Sprinkle with castor sugar.
- Enjoy chilled.