Roat is a mildly sweet North Indian flatbread that is typically served with kheer. Chef Ranveer Brar shares the recipe for roat along with his childhood memories related to this dish.Read More
- 100 gm wheat flour
- salt and water
- 5 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp fennel powder
- ghee as required
- jaggery powder as required
- Mix wheat flour, salt, ghee and fennel seeds powder in a bowl.
- Add water gradually to make a firm dough.
- Shape the dough in the form of a disc and transfer it to a hot pan.
- Prick holes on the roat using a knife.
- When the roat is slightly roasted on one side, flip it and make the desired design over the rot.
- Once the roat is cooked from one side transfer the roat to a mesh and cook it over direct fire until cooked.
- Drizzle ghee over the roat, sprinkle some jaggery powder and serve the roat hot.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.