Roasted Root Veggie Burger By Shazia Khan
Roasted Root Veggie Burger
Root vegetables like carrots, beetroot and sweet potatoes are rich in dietary fibres and vitamins. Chef Shazia Khan uses these vegetables to make a delicious veggie burger that will make you drool.Read More
- 1/2 cup Carrot
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Butter 1 tsp Chopped Garlic
- 1/2 cup Beetroot
- 1/2 cup boiled and grated Sweet potato
- 1 tsp Fresh chopped Parsley
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tbsp Flour (lightly toasted
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp Parmesan
- 2 lemons Zest
- FOR DIP
- 1/2 cup Hung curd
- 1/2 Lemon juice
- 1/2 chopped garlic
- Dice the carrots.
- Heat up the olive oil and butter in the pan.
- Add the garlic and saute it.
- Add beetroot, sweet potato and add herbs and keep stirring.
- Once the vegetables are well cooked, add flour chilli flakes, black paper powder, brown sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Mix well and transfer to a bowl.
- Add parmesan cheese and mash all the ingredients.
- Finally add lemon zest into it.
- Shape the patties and pan fry them in olive oil.
- Mix all the ingredients of dip together.
- Mildly cook the patties, until light brown.
- Toast the burger bun with butter.
- Assemble the burger by spreading homemade mayo, lettuce and patties.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese.
Explore our Popular Stories.