Roasted Peppers with Fresh Pesto By Rishim Sachdeva
Roasted Peppers with Fresh Pesto
You hmay have used bell peppers in salads or pizzas or even pastas, but this recipe enhances the flavour of bell peppers to another degree. Roasted to perfection, these peppers are served with rich creamy pesto.Read More
- 2 bell peppers
- french baguette bread
- 7 tbsp olive oil
- 7 - 8 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp butter
- tarragon leaves
- 2 kale leaf
- salt as per taste
- 60 grams parmesan cheese
- 4 - 5 almonds
- 1/2 lemon slice
- For garnish
- grated parmesan cheese
- grated almonds
- Grill 2 bell peppers on a gas stove. Remove it in a bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil on it. Now peel the skin of the bell pepper and slit it.
- For Croutons - Cut the French Baguette bread into slices. Heat a pan, add the pieces of bread and toss it. Add 4-5 crushed garlic cloves, 1tbsp butter and toss again. Add few tarragon leaves and mix.
- For Pesto - Cook the kale leaf on a gas stove. Pound the kale leaf with 2-3 garlic cloves, salt as per taste, 2 tbsp olive oil, grated 60 gms parmesan cheese in a mortar and pestle. Add 4-5 almonds and pound it again.
- Now squeeze out the juice of the bell pepper into the pesto mixture. Slice the bell pepper and remove all the seeds. In a bowl take sliced bell pepper, add 2-3 tbsp olive oil, salt & black pepper to taste, ½ lemon juice and mix it well.
- Place the bell pepper slices on a plate. Cook the kale leaf directly on the flame, chop it and coat in the bell pepper olive oil mixture. Now add the kale leaf to the bell pepper plate. Now add the pesto and bread croutons.
- Garnish with grated parmesan cheese, grated almonds and serve.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.