A yummy dessert after a scrumptious meal is so important. Chef Ranveer Brar shares a recipe for a Greek dessert Revani Cake. This cake soaked with sugar syrup is moist, fluffy and wonderfully delicious.Read More
- 4 egg
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups castor sugar
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 cup refined flour
- For garnish
- finely chopped pistachio
- grated dried coconut
- lemon wedge
- For syrup
- 1 and 1 ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 lemon
- In a bowl, add egg whites and whip it.
- In another bowl, add butter, castor sugar and whip it.
- Add egg yolks and mix it.
- Add desiccated coconut and mix it well.
- Add refined flour and mix it.
- Add the egg whites and mix again.
- Add the batter in a cake tin.
- Bake it in the oven at 180'C for 15 - 20 minutes.
- In a heated pan, add sugar, water, lemon juice and let it boil.
- Pour the syrup on the cake.
- Cut the cake into a wedge.
- Garnish with chopped pistachio, desiccated coconut, fried coconut, lemon wedge and serve it.
Explore our Popular Stories.