Red Velvet Dhokla By Ranveer Brar
Red Velvet Dhokla
Beetroot is a taproot with many health benefits. However, mothers often face tough time feeding it to the kids. Here's a recipe that incorporates dhokla and beetroot in the most attractive manner.Read More
- 2 cups gram flour
- 2 cups hung curd
- 1 cup beetroot juice
- 2 tsp oil
- black peppers
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 jamrul
- 1 star fruit
- 1 dragon fruit
- Procedure to make Red Velvet Dhokla: In a bowl, add gram flour and keep aside.
- In another bowl, add yoghurt, beetroot juice, salt, oil and mix well.
- Add the yoghurt mixture to the gram flour bowl and mix well.
- Rest the batter for 5 minutes.
- Add crushed black pepper, baking soda and oil to the mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to cupcake moulds and steam them in the steamer for 10-15 minutes.
- Refrigerate the steamed dhokla.
- In a bowl, add hung yoghurt, salt, crushed black pepper, 1 tbsp lemon juice and mix well.
- Remove the dhokla from the refrigerator and unmould them.
- Place the dhoklas on a plate.
- Add the yoghurt frosting on the dhokla. Garnish it with star fruit and dragon fruit pieces and crushed roasted papads.
- Red Velvet Dhokla is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.