Red Velvet Cookies By Manisha Keswani
Red Velvet Cookies
Have you ever wanted to have cake that tasted just as special, but only more buttery and scrumptious and could be dunked in some hot chocolate milk?Read More
- 150g or 1 and 1/4 cup plain white flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 115g or 1/2 cup butter, regular salted will do
- 67g or 1/3 cup powdered sugar (NOT icing sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 10g or 1/2 tbsp milk powder
- 90 to 100g chopped white or milk chocolate
- 4g beetroot powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp or 15g yogurt
- 6 to 8 drops of super red gel color or red food grade powder
- 5g or 1 tsp cocoa powder
- Allow the butter to come to room temperature and whisk along with the powdered sugar until well combined.
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees celcius.
- Add the yogurt, vanilla, red food color into the butter mix and give it a good whisk.
- Sift the dry ingredients to one bowl and add the chopped chocolate of about 1.5cm (basically small choppeinto the flour mixture and mix it in.
- Now, pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and with clean hands gently bring the dough together.
- Place a baking sheet on an aluminum tray and make equal balls and slightly flatten them to a cookie shape.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until a slightly hard shell is formed on the top. Cool for 30 minutes before tasting.