Red Velvet Cake
Need some magic for your sweet tooth? Then do try this recipe of Red velvet cake. This cake is not only perfect for your kids birthday party but also for your next Valentine's Day. It also has a nice frosting of cream cheese which will intensely make you fall in love with it.Read More
- For red velvet cake
- 300 gm butter
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 300 gm refined flour
- 30 gm cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp soda
- 2 tsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp red food colour
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 cake tins (7 inch wide)
- oil for greasing
- 2 butter paper
- For cream cheese frosting
- 100 gm butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup cream cheese
- In a bowl add butter, castor sugar and mix it.
- Add eggs, vanilla essence, refined flour and mix it again.
- To the refined flour add cocoa powder and mix it.
- Add baking powder & soda and mix it.
- To the cream add lemon juice and mix it.
- To the sour cream add red food colour and mix it.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix it.
- Add sour cream and mix it.
- To the baking tins add oil.
- To the cake mixture add white vinegar and mix it.
- Add the batter in the baking tin and bake it in a pre-heated oven at 160' C - 170' C for 25 - 30 minutes.
- In a bowl add softened butter, icing sugar and whisk it.
- Add cream cheese and whisk it.
- Add the frosting in the piping bag.
- Unmould the cake and peel out the butter paper.
- Cut the upper part of the cake and apply sugar syrup on it.
- Frost the cake with cream cheese and let it chill in the fridge.
- Make designs of roset on it and Red velvet cake is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.