RAWA APPE By Swaranjeet Kaur Arora
This rawa Appe is very easy to make. It is very healthy and nutritious.Read More
- 1 cup rawa
- 1 cup curd
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 small carrot grated
- small piece of cabbage finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger finely chopped
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 4-5 curry leaves chopped
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1-2 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, when it crackle add ginger, green chilli, curry leaves, onion and cabbage .cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add rawa and roast it for 3-4 minutes on low heat.Turn off the flame. Let it completely cool.
- In a large mixing bowl add roasted rawa, carrot, curd , black pepper powder and salt. Mix it well. Add some water to maintain consistency, Keep aside to rest for at least 20 minutes.
- Just before making Appe add baking soda in a mixture . Mix it well.
- Heat Appe pan . Grease with oil. Now fill all the holes with batter. Cover the lid . Cook it on low medium flame. When it becomes golden from bottom , brush some oil and flip it over to the the other side . Cook again until it turns golden brown.
- Appe is ready . Serve it with sauce or chutney.