Raw rice rava and lentil(toor dal)dumpling
This dish is very healthy as it is steamed .Also it is nutritious as it contains proteins,carbohydrates and vitamins.It is a quick breakfast item and quiet wholesome and stomach filling.Read More
- Raw rice and toor dal in the ratio 1:¾
- Ginger 1 inch
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1 big cup dill leaves and coriander leaves
- Asafoetida 2 pinches
- Mustard seeds and black gram dal for seasoning.
- Green and red chillies (2-3 depending on taste)
- Firstly the lentils must be soaked for about 2 -3 hours.
- Grind the lentils with 2-3 red chillies and 2 green chillies along with ginger and asafoetida to a slightly coarse paste (not too smooth).
- In a frying pan prepare the seasoning of mustard and split black gram.
- Add about 2-3 cups of boiling water and the grated coconut and slowly add the raw rice rava and keep stirring it as it cooks.
- After the rice is half cooked add the lentil paste ,chopped dill leaves and and coriander leaves.
- Add salt and keep stirring until the entire mixture is nearly cooked.
- Now remove from fire and when the heat is manageable make the mixture into dumpling shapes and steam it in a steamer or idli pot for about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot with chutney,sauce or just curd.