Raw rice rava and lentil(toor dal)dumpling By Seema Doreswamy
Raw rice rava and lentil(toor dal)dumpling
This dish is very healthy as it is steamed .Also it is nutritious as it contains proteins,carbohydrates and vitamins.It is a quick breakfast item and quiet wholesome and stomach filling.Read More
- Raw rice and toor dal in the ratio 1:¾
- Ginger 1 inch
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1 big cup dill leaves and coriander leaves
- Asafoetida 2 pinches
- Mustard seeds and black gram dal for seasoning.
- Green and red chillies (2-3 depending on taste)
- Firstly the lentils must be soaked for about 2 -3 hours.
- Grind the lentils with 2-3 red chillies and 2 green chillies along with ginger and asafoetida to a slightly coarse paste (not too smooth).
- In a frying pan prepare the seasoning of mustard and split black gram.
- Add about 2-3 cups of boiling water and the grated coconut and slowly add the raw rice rava and keep stirring it as it cooks.
- After the rice is half cooked add the lentil paste ,chopped dill leaves and and coriander leaves.
- Add salt and keep stirring until the entire mixture is nearly cooked.
- Now remove from fire and when the heat is manageable make the mixture into dumpling shapes and steam it in a steamer or idli pot for about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot with chutney,sauce or just curd.