Raw Carrot Cake with Vegan Frosting
Winner - Your Recipe Contest Week 2
No Baking required and it's Vegan very healthy.Read More
- FOR VEGAN FROSTING:
- 0.625 Cup raw Cashew
- 1/4 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1.5 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- FOR THE CAKE
- 1 Cup Finely Shredded Carrots
- 1 Cup packed pitted soft Dates (measured after pits removed)
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts
- 1 tsp Vanila Essence
- 1/8 tsp Vanila Essence
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 3/4 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground Ginger powder
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Coconut flour or Almond flour
- 1/8 cup Raisins
- FOR VEGAN FROSTING:.
- Soak the Cashew in hot water for 30 minutes to an hour, then rinse & draiAdd to a high-speed blender, also add coconut cream, lemon juice, maple syrup, and vanilla essence and blend on hight until creamy and smooth scrapping side as needeRemove in a container, cover and refrigerate too chill.
- FOR THE CAKE.
- Using a box grater or food processor grate carrots and set aside.
- To a large at least 7 cup food processor or blender add the pitted dates and blend until small bits remain or a ball formRemove from food processor and set aside.
- Add the walnuts, vanilla, salt and spice to food processoBlend until a semi-fina meal is achieveThen add dates back in along with shredded carrots and pulse in 1-second measurement until a loose dough forms and the carrots are just mixed with dateBe careful not to over blenYou're looking for a pliable dough, not a pure.
- Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowAdd coconut flour and raisins and stir to combinBy mixing gently as opposed to blending in a food processor, you can keep a lighter less dense, more cale-like texture, Once well combined, set aside.
- Take a 5-7 inch cake pan or a glass bowl and add the cake mixture to iSpread and press down evenly to pacUse a flat-bottomed object, such as a drinking glass or flat spoon to help press everything into an even layer.
- Now Pour the frosting on and tap out any air bubbleThen freeze for 3-4 hours or until the frosting is semi-firm to the touch.
- To serve, make sure the cake isn't fully frozen so it's soft enough to cut letting it thaw on the counter for 30 minutes before servinThen use a hit knife to carefully cut out slice and enjoGarnish with more nuts, raisins or other desired toppings.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator up to 1 week or in the freezer uptown 1 montIt's best enjoyed slightly chilled (not froze.