Rajma Curry By sneha/simpa verma
This is a dish with a typical Indian spicy taste and can be eaten along with Chapati, Rice, Puri or PohaRead More
- 200 gms of Rajma soaked overnight in water
- 200 gms of Onion
- 1 medium size Tomato
- 7-8 garlic pods/ Lahsun
- 3-4 Bay leaves/Tej Patta
- 1 small piece of Ginger/Adrak
- 4 whole Red chillies/Saabut Lal Mirch
- 1 Tea spoon Cumin Seeds/Jeera
- 2 Tea spoon Common Salt
- 2 Tea spoon Coriander Seed powder/Dhania Powder
- 1 Tea spoon Cumin Seeds powder/ Jeera powder
- 1/2 Tea spoon Black Pepper powder/ Kali Mirch Powder
- 1 Tea spoon Turmeric Powder/Haldi Powder
- 1 Tea spoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Tea spoon Red Chilly powder
- 4 Table spoon Mustard Oil
- Chop the Onions and Tomato in big pieces and Ginger into thin long pieces.
- Crush the peeled Garlic.
- In a medium size Pressure Cooker heat the mustard oil for a minute on medium flame and put Cumin seeds, Whole Red Chillies, Ginger Pieces and Crushed Garlic and mix it with a Flat Wooden Spatula/Kadchi. Heat it for a minute.
- Put the chopped onions in the cooker and stir it well with Kadchi. Pour Salt, Turmeric Powder and Red Chilly Powder and mix it well. Gently cover the lid(without pressurand let it cook for 4-5 min.
- Remove the lid and start crushing the softened onions with Kadchi. Pour all the spices and mix it well. Close the lid again and cook for another 4-5 min.
- Remove the lid and pour the chopped tomato pieces and mix it well. Again crush the cooked onions and make it like a thick paste. Cover the lid again and cook for another 3-4 min.
- Remove the lid and pour the soaked Rajma in the Cooker and mix it well.
- Pour 200 ml of water and close the lid with pressure. Let it cook for another 10-15 min with 4-5 whistles.
- Remove the Cooker from flame and serve after some time.