Rajma Chawal By Pallavi Nigam Sahay
Rajma Chawal is a staple food across North India. Chef Pallavi’s guest shares the recipe for this popular dish which contains rajma (red kidney beans) gravy and rice. The rajma curry is soft and lip-smacking, and when served with hot steaming rice makes for a refreshing combination.Read More
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 chopped green chillies
- salt as per taste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp rajma masala
- 1 cup boiled red kidney beans
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- boiled rice
- coriander and basil leaves for garnish
- In a heated pan, add oil, chopped onions and let it turn brown. Add chopped green chillies, salt as per taste, turmeric powder and mix. Add tomato puree and let it cook.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, black pepper powder and stir. Add rajma masala, water and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Add garam masala, grated ginger. Add boiled red kidney beans and let it cook.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, basil leaves and serve hot with rice.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.