Raintha is a unique curry made using spinach, charred walnuts and dates. This recipe has its roots in Himachali cuisine and is made during wedding celebrations. This curry is a burst of flavours. Try this recipe at home.Read More
- For akhrot ka masala
- 10 whole walnut
- 3 tbsp mustard oil
- For raintha
- 8-10 dates soaked
- 500 gm spinach
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek powder
- akhrot ka Masala
- 2 cup curd
- For garnish
- turmeric powder
- red chilli
- For preparing Akhrota ka Masala, roast the walnut over a gas stove.
- Crush the walnuts mixed with mustard oil.
- Chop the dates and soak it in the water.
- Grind the spinach leaves.
- Strain the spinach juice in a bowl.
- In a heated pan, add cumin seeds, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, salt as per taste.
- Add fenugreek seeds and mix it.
- Add soaked dates, water and mix again.
- Add spinach juice and let it cook for 5 - 7 minutes.
- Add Akhrot ka masala and mix it.
- Switch off the gas stove, add curd and mix it well.
- Let the Raintha cook until the curd is reduced to half.
- Garnish it with turmeric powder and red chilli.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.