QuaranTea By Harshad M Potdar
During lockdown this refreshing and soothing, spicy beverage can be a great replacement for your regular tea or green tea to boost immunityRead More
- FOR SPICE MIX
- Cloves (Laung) - 5 nos
- Cinnamon (Dalchini) - 2"
- Cumin (Jeera) - 1 tsp
- Rock Salt (Sendha Namak) - 2 heaped tsp
- Fennel Seeds ( Saunf) - 1.5 tsp
- FOR TEA
- Tea Powder - 1 heaped tsp
- Sugar - 2 tsp
- Ginger - 1.5"
- Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
- Mint leaves - few (for garnish)
- Add all the ingredients of the spice mix together and grind it to make a dry spice. The quantity is enough to brew around 8 cups of tea.
- Grate or crush the ginger well in a saucepan .
- Add 2 cups of water and put it to boil .
- Add 2 tsp of sugar while the water is boiling.
- When the water comes to a boil add tea powder and let it brew for 30 secs.
- Turn off the gas and cover the saucepan with a lid.
- Let it simmer for around 2 mins .
- In a cup take lemon juice and add 1 tsp of the spice mix.
- Sieve the boiled tea and pour it over this mixture .
- Garnish with some mint leaves .
- Serve Hot.