Chef Gautam Mehrishi gives a unique twist to a scrumptious Bengali delicacy Poshto using onions. Try this recipe of Pyaaz Poshto to beat the heat in summers. This recipe never fails to impress. Sit back and enjoy.Read More
- 4 - 5 onions
- 2 - 2 1/2 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 tsp nigella seeds
- 2 - 2 1/2 finely chopped green chilli
- 2 - 3 chopped onions
- 8 - 10 fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds paste
- water as required
- For eggplants
- 2 small eggplants
- pinch of red chilli
- pinch of turmeric powder
- salt as per taste
- 3/4 mustard oil
- For garnish
- poppy seeds
- Cut the onions into quarters.
- In a pan, add mustard oil and let it heat.
- Add nigella seeds, finely chopped green chillies, chopped onion, toss it well and mix it.
- Add fresh coriander leaves and mix again.
- To make Poshto, lightly toast poppy seeds and soak it in the milk till the grain swells and prepare a paste from it.
- In a bowl, add poppy seeds paste blanched with milk, water as required and mix well to dilute the mixture.
- Add the paste in the pan.
- Add water as required and mix it well.
- Cut small sized eggplants into quarters.
- Sprinkle red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt as per taste.
- In a pan, add mustard oil and place the chopped eggplant skin down on the pan and fry it well.
- Serve the onion mixture in a bowl with fried eggplant.
- Garnish with micro greens and poppy seeds and Pyaaz Poshto is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.