Learn the recipe for one of the most loved delicacy, Cholle.Read More
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 tsp desi ghee
- 1 tsp black cumin seeds
- 2 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp green chillies
- 1/4 cup onions
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup tomatoes
- 1 cup soaked chickpeas
- 1 tsp roasted coriander seeds
- 1 tsp coriander leaves
- 1/2 lemon
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Melt desi ghee in it. Add black cumin seeds ginger garlic paste, and chopped green chillies, onions, and tomatoes. Then comes the soaked chickpeas.
- Now for the spices: red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and garam masala are what goes into the mix.
- Pour in tomato paste and water.
- Combine all the ingredients well. Place the lid on the saucepan and allow to cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle roasted and crushed coriander seeds, chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice. Give it a good stir.
- For the accompaniment/chutney: In a mixing bowl, add tamarind chutney, chopped onions, chopped tomatoes (de seeded), salt, red chilli powder, chopped coriander leaves and oil. Mix it well.
- For the plating: Transfer the chole onto a plate, and top it off with the chutney.
- Give the final touches with a dollop of butter and a sprig of coriander.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.