Chef Ranveer Brar shares a recipe for Pumpkin Curry, a vegetarian curry from the Sinhala cuisine. The roasted Sinhalese spice mix elevates the humble pumpkin to new heights in this recipe. This mildly spicy pumpkin curry with steaming hot rice is a meal to behold.Read More
- For sinhalese curry powder
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 10 to 12 cloves
- 1 pandan leaf
- 1 tbsp uncooked rice
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- For curry
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 10 to 12 curry leaves
- 1 onion
- 250 gm pumpkin
- 1 to 2 green chillies
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 2 pandan leaves
- 1 tbsp rice and dry coconut powder
- 2 tbsp sinhalese curry powder
- For garnish
- lemon wedge
- chilli powder
- edible flowers
- In a heated pan, add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, black peppercorn, mustard seeds, fennel seeds and toss it.
- Add cloves and toss it again.
- Add pandan leaf and toss it again.
- Add uncooked rice and toss again.
- Add the spiced in a blender and grind it.
- Add turmeric powder and mix.
- In a heated pan, add oil as required, fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds, mustard seeds and saute.
- Add curry leaves and toss it.
- Add chopped onion and cook it until it turns light brown.
- Add slit green chillies, chopped pumpkin, salt as per taste, Sinhalese curry powder and mix it well.
- Add coconut milk, water as required and let it cook.
- Add pandan leaves, rice and coconut powder and mix it. Garnish with chilli powder, lemon wedge, edible flowers and serve with rice.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.