Pulihora By Pankaj Bhadouria
Pulihora is a variation of the traditional tamarind rice popularly made in Telangana. Tempered with mild spices and seasonings, this rice is tangy and delicious. This recipe is perfect for a lazy Sunday.Read More
- 1 cup small grain rice
- 2 cup of water
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 7 - 8 dry red chillies
- 2 tsp split chickpeas
- 2 tsp black lentils
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns
- 3 tsp sesame seed oil
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- curry leaves
- 1/2 cup tamarind pulp
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts
- 3 tbsp pulihora masala
- In a heated pan, add water and let it boil.
- Soak the small grain rice in a bowl.
- When the water starts boiling, add the soaked rice, pink salt and leave it to cook.
- In a pan, add coriander seeds, white sesame seeds, fenugreek seeds, dry red chillies.
- Add split chickpeas, black lentils, black peppercorns and dry roast it.
- Let the spices cool down and grind it into a powder.
- To the rice, add sesame seed oil, turmeric powder and mix it well.
- In a heated pan, add sesame oil, mustard seeds, black lentils, split chickpeas, curry leaves, dry red chillies and saute.
- Add turmeric powder, tamarind pulp and let it cook.
- Add roasted peanuts, pulihora masala and stir it.
- Switch the gas off, add salt and mix it.
- Add the masala in the rice and mix it well.
- Garnish with curry leaves, red chilli and serve with chutney.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.